The following media sources could serve as the input to XTranscoder:
- MPEG-TS over UDP
- DirectShow capturing sources
Splitting and decompression modules:
- AVI, 3GP, MP4, MPEG PS, MPEG TS, DirectShow splitters
- MPEG Audio, MPEG2 Video, MP3, MPEG4, AMR NB, DirectShow Decoders
Muxing and compression modules:
- AVI, XStreaming
- AAC, AAC+, MP3, MPEG4 ASP, H264
As a destination, XTranscoder is capable of producing:
If multiple sources are specified (for example local directory) the transcoder will join them into single stream.
Transcoder can work in multiple local files destination mode. As result it geneterates one/several output video/audio files. In this mode transcoder automatically generates output file name. If multiple sources are specified (for example local directory) the transcoder will convert all sources into separated output files.
- RTP over UDP streaming
It is possible for X-Transcoder to perform streaming through RTP streams to be delivered via restreaming solution like Darwin Streaming Server.
XTranscoder media pipeline includes the full Crystal2 Media transformation modules:
- Deinterlacing filter
- Video resizing (bi-linear & nearest)
- Aspect correction & cropping
- PCM conversion, up and down mixing
- Hi-pass and auto-volume audio filters