Crystal2 Media is the heart of the Crystal2 Framework responsible for providing the pipeline to handle playback,
streaming ortranscoding according to the application needs.
The typical pipeline for the media playback consists of the following:
- Source: In Crystal2 Media this could be either file, streaming source, content source such as YouTube or ruTube portals;
- Transformation: media splitting and decoding takes place, as well as post processing - OSD, video and audio filters, audio equalizer;
- Destination: video and audio needs to be presented, that is either mobile phone display and speaker, PC display & speaker or the media could be written to file or streamed further.
For the transcoding and recording the pipeline is used in the "reverse" mode:
- Source: streaming source, user's camera & microphone or satellite receiver supply the data;
- Transformation: the content is compressed and muxed according to the destination parameters;
- Destination: content is written to the file or streamed via RTP and XStreaming.